I LOVE TACO TUESDAYS! In fact, I wish it were taco Tuesday everyday and anytime I can get the chance to devour these delicious morsels, I do. I am part Mexican, and grew up eating copious amounts of Mexican food. I spent my summers eating too much fresh pico de gallo and guacamole, and laughing at my dad who cannot handle spice. One summer my mom made an exceptionally spicy batch of pico de gallo, and while it didn’t seem spicy to the two of us, my dad just about keeled over from the heat. It was hilarious to watch him as he took his first bite, and with bulging eyes yelled “Jesus Ang are you’re going to kill someone with that spice.” Mexican cuisine will always be a staple in my diet, from my grandpa’s homemade tamales at Christmas to my mom’s enchiladas on Sundays.
Any whoo, lets get back to tacos. I have made tacos in all varieties, and one of my favorite ways to make tacos is to add veggies. It adds flavor, nutrition, and lots of color. This particular taco recipe I made, has flavorful chunks of chicken seasoned with cumin, red pepper flakes, and garlic, zucchini, red peppers, topped with avocado and Sriracha ranch from Trader Joe’s. If you have a Trader Joe’s near you, then stop what you are doing and go buy their Sriracha ranch, it is the bomb dot com! If you don’t like spicy food, then I suggest using half of the Sriracha ranch mixed with sour cream or ranch on your tacos. These zucchini chicken tacos will keep your tastebuds humming and are bound to be a hit at your next Taco Tuesday gathering.
ZUCCHINI CHICKEN TACOS WITH SRIRACHA RANCH DRESSING
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 15 MIN SERVES: 4 PEOPLE
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Mexican blend cheese
- corn tortilla shells
- Sriracha Ranch Dressing
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- Using a separate cutting board, cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Place into a bowl, coat chicken with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Set aside.
- Crush and thinly slice garlic, dice onion, cut zucchini into quarter sized pieces, coarsely chop cilantro.
- Heat pan to medium heat, add olive oil. Once pan is heated, add onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add chicken and garlic to pan. After 1 minute, flip chicken and add zucchini.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, add cilantro and turn off heat.
- For tortillas: warm in a pan or microwave.
- Finally assemble tacos and top off with cheese, sliced avocado, and Sriracha ranch.